28 June, 2014

Spring in England (an earlier post, almost forgotten!)

Dear friends,
I am on a short break from my fieldwork at the moment in the UK. My plan is to rest, reassess things from a different perspective, and of course prepare for the next bit of fieldwork.
It's really nice to be here and see many of my close friends and loved ones. I'm also enjoying feeling cold, strangely. There's something comforting about wearing a jumper, I find, and the first night I snuggled up under a warm duvet I realized that I actually like pulling blankets around myself at night. So I am celebrating the many little buds and blossoms of spring, spending nice time with people I love, and eating my favorite non-Ghanaian foods. The sun is shining gently, the nettles are ready for harvesting, and this morning there were two deer grazing in the field outside the little cabin in Devon I'm tucked away in at the moment.
And, for those who may have been worrying, I have a clean bill of health from the doctors at the hospital for tropical diseases! No parasites, no hemorrhagic fever - just a bit of a cold which is disappearing quickly and is comfortingly familiar.
Next post will be the long-awaited things you can buy from a trotro window...
Spot the Devon deer

No comments:

Post a Comment